At the beginning of April 2018 in the Aldis Congress Centre in Hradec Králové there will take place the 21st year of prestigious international conference ISSS focused on public administration reform, e-government development and society informatization and traditionally it will be accompanied by Visegrad conference V4DIS (Visegrad Four for Developing Information Society).
The conference regularly registers more than 2300 participants. As the event offers a politically independent platform, there appear here many persons from the whole political spectrum. At this event that is annually held under the official auspices of the Prime Minister and a few other members of the government, vice presidents of both chambers of the Parliament of CR and Association of Regions of CR, there meet tops of national political scene, ministers, representatives of public administration from the Czech Republic and abroad, informatics from regional or municipal authorities, experts on informatization of public administration as well as top managers of renowned firms that supply their solutions and services to the segment of state administration and local governments. In the past years the event was also attended by very important guests from Brussels—in 2014 the Vice President of the European Commission Neelie Kroes and in 2016 EU Commissioner Věra Jourová, who is expected to arrive again this year.
A two-day programme is filled not only with the usual stream of speeches, presentations and discussions but it also includes important accompanying events such as meetings of parliamentary clubs, sessions of commissions of the Council of Association of Regions of CR, the Union of Towns and Municipalities of CR, discussions of academia representatives or meetings of the Association of Secretaries of Municipalities.
The ISSS conference has been already for many years a permanent part of the programme of all who take part in reform and informatization of public administration and simultaneously it is also a place where there are presented key novelties and strategies in the area of e-government and where there are created, discussed and often also approved other procedures.
- 21st year of the conference will deal with the following topics:
- What is new in the area of e-government at the national as well as European level
- General data protection regulation (GDPR)
- Smart Cities Concept—smart solutions for smart cities, Internet of Things (IoT)
- Open data and transparency of public administration
- Archivation and lifecycle of digital documents
- Mobile technologies, cloud, connectivity, cybernetic security
- Electronization of healthcare, e-tourism, GIS
- Project financing, procurement, regional development support
- V4DIS—informatization of public administration in the V4 region
- Golden Crest, Czech At, Biblioweb and other popular competitions
- Accompanying events (meetings of parliamentary clubs, sessions of commissions of the Council of AR CR, Union of Towns and Municipalities CR, meetings of the Association of Secretaries of Municipalities etc.), panel discussions